“Mean Girls” is a popular teen comedy film that was released in 2004. The significance of October 3rd in the movie comes from a memorable scene in which the main character, Cady Heron (played by Lindsay Lohan), recounts a conversation she had with her crush, Aaron Samuels (played by Jonathan Bennett). Cady explains in a voiceover:
“On October 3rd, he asked me what day it was.”
To which she responds, “It’s October 3rd.”
This seemingly mundane exchange becomes a humorous and memorable moment in the film, and fans of “Mean Girls” have since celebrated October 3rd as “Mean Girls Day” as a way to pay tribute to the movie. It’s a day for fans to reminisce about their favorite quotes and moments from the film and to embrace the movie’s iconic fashion choices, like wearing pink on that day.
In recent years, the cast of “Mean Girls,” including Lindsay Lohan and Daniel Franzese, has also acknowledged and celebrated Mean Girls Day on social media, further cementing its significance among fans.
To celebrate Mean Girls Day on October 3rd, fans often engage in various activities related to the film, as mentioned in your list:
- Wear pink, even if it’s not a Wednesday (referencing the film’s “On Wednesdays, we wear pink” rule).
- Gather with friends for lunch and reminisce about your favorite “Mean Girls” quotes.
- Enjoy some snacks or meals mentioned in the film, like cheese fries.
- Share jokes and laughter with friends.
- Go shopping at the mall, just like the characters in the movie.
- Recite Kevin G’s rap from the movie.
- Dress up and perform the “Jingle Bell Rock” dance routine with friends.
- Get a big hairdo, reminiscent of the characters’ iconic hairstyles.
- Visit a bookstore, perhaps Barnes & Noble, in honor of one of Karen Smith’s funny lines.
- Of course, you can also rewatch the film itself to relive the hilarity and nostalgia.
Mean Girls Day is all about celebrating the humor and memorable moments from the movie, making it a fun and light-hearted occasion for fans to come together and enjoy the film’s enduring popularity.
Image Source: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/1574311/mean-girls-day-october-celebrate/